Aussie fashion designer, Alex Perry, shares his expert fashion and fabric care knowledge to ensure you are ready for winter.
Alex Perry’s winter style guide
The chilly season is perfect for soft, warm tactile clothing. My suggestions for keeping warm and looking glam all winter are:
– Cashmere knits and soft lamb’s wool jumpers are the perfect items to pair with tight jeans and some nude pumps
– A simple pashmina looks great and keeps you gorgeously warm at the same time
– Chic tailored suits and tuxedo style looks are a must-have this season
– Shear dark lace tops, cut close to the body are timeless and incredibly sexy
– Draped jersey dresses in black and smouldering smoky colours are perfect for an evening out but during the day choose nude, olive and dark jewel tones to finesse your look
Caring for your winter wardrobe
As a fashion designer, I use an array of materials and each fabric has to be treated in a different way. By being fabric savvy, you can ensure your winter wardrobe favourites will last and always look fab, not drab.
– Start the season off by hand washing your woolies in a quality wool mix detergent and softener. If you’re not one for hand washing, the Electrolux Time Manager Washer has a setting to suit your every washing need. The hand wash setting is one of my all time favourites, I even use it to wash my gowns and the results are amazing
– Always remember to dry your knits flat to minimise stretching
– Try folding your items rather than hanging them, to help keep their shape
– A good rule to follow when washing your winter clothes is to treat them like you would your intimates – with a little extra care
– Use the ‘refresh’ cycle, as featured on the Electrolux Iron Aid Dryer, to freshen up your garments prior to and in-between wears, this will remove any ‘cupboard odours’